How much will it cost you to build your own house in America?
Many folks are now realizing that to get what you need, you may have to design and build your own house.
There are many advantages to building your own house and designing it as per your specific living requirements, these include:
- Customized House Designs are made to suite your requirement of space
- Does not waste space and does not provide unnecessary rooms or spaces that you do not desire
- Provides the right ventilation as per your lot orientation and access to the street
- Room sizes are customized as per your living style or your liking of the furniture
- Windows and doors can be located as per your need
- Electrical and Plumbing can be designed to suite your individual need and style
- You may wish for a study or an office space and be happy with a single bedroom, so why not design it accordingly. Any ready-made house or ready-made house designs will not provide you with such flexibility.
So, once we agree that the custom designed houses are best for us, the big question is what will be the cost of constructing the same.
One of the first questions that a prospective home owner asks is the cost of building a house? Whether you wish to build a new house or modify or reconstruct it in the contemporary fashion, the biggest question is all about the costs.
The answer to the cost of construction is very complicated as there are so many variables, so many choices of materials, so many geographic regions and so many different construction crews offering different options. Then there is the question on the size of the house, a small house will be much costlier per square foot than a big two storied house as the law of averages kicks in.
As per the latest homeowners report, the average cost to build a new house is roughly about $150 per Square Foot.
So if you are looking for a 2000 Square foot house, you can expect to shell out around $300,000. The Americans generally have spent anywhere between $170,000 to $450,000 on a 2000 Square foot house.This of course is very basic and will vary a lot depending on the type of construction, the materials uses, whether you had a full basement, how many floors you construct, region and etc. etc.
If you are looking for building your very own dream home, do visit us.houzone.com to get beautiful house designs for your dream home, custom made as per your lot size, location and personal requirements. Best of all, at very affordable pricing and fully custom designed, just for you.